City Terrain

ClayRobeson

ClayRobeson submitted a new asset:

City Terrain - A terrain brush that paints a city map, with assets.

I was trying to figure out a way to easily make large maps for 'reference' rather than for battle, and realized that I could just create a terrain that was a city map. I took a public domain map of Paris from the 1500s and created a repeating tile (in two different sizes), then extracted bits of the map for object assets (bridges, trees, map ornaments, etc.). There's also a path that matches the streets on the map.

The "battlements" wall seems to make a decent city wall. If you cut through...
Read more about this asset...

Assetbert

Hello Clay, thanks for the pack! I like both this one and the compass needles a lot.
However, the city material brush is not showing up for me, but the objects do show up and do work. Any idea how something like this might happen?

ClayRobeson

Hello Clay, thanks for the pack! I like both this one and the compass needles a lot.
However, the city material brush is not showing up for me, but the objects do show up and do work. Any idea how something like this might happen?
I wonder if it's due to an upgrade. I'll take a poke at it.

mordtirith

The issue of drowned buildings showing up underwater can be easily fixed by choosing any other terrain brush, maxing out the Intensity and dragging it over the river, it will make the buildings disappear; or you can just roll with it sometimes and add a dimension of lore about how the city was flooded when the river changed course ^^

ultimis

I'll have to give this a try. I recently made a very gimmicky "City Map" through Inkarnate. I'm not sure why there aren't tools for this already. You have wonderdraft for large scale maps, but nothing for reference maps which is useful for players going through a city or area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glasgowdessie

Latest profile posts

Gimmie Pig wrote on vevedere's profile.
You might let folks know it can be used underwater and even give them an example - not sure how many people read the reviews!
making items for use
enter line 2 here
EightBitz wrote on Toblakai23's profile.
Your T23 Banners pack, and your T23's Candles and Lanterns pack have the same Pack ID. This means that only one of them will show up in the list.
just made my first namebase, lol
ZeroGNexus wrote on ApprenticeOfAule's profile.
Hi, I was considering using some of your water paths for my maps, but I share them on Patreon and offer commissions so they'd be commercial. I was just wondering if you had a license for them or something along those lines?

Join the platform as a developer!

If you are developing software or maintaining a community related to map-making in any way then you are more than welcome to join our platform!

Learn More!
Partners
  • Legend Keeper
  • MapForge
  • Campaign Cartographer
  • Dungeon Builder
  • Other World Mapper